From 26 October 2020 members attending training sessions on our track must complete the following form for each session they attend to gain entry. Members with a fob must still complete this.
Message from Kev Lincoln:
MY BROTHER AND I HAVE OWNED A LUXURY APARTMENT IN BULGARIA FOR THE LAST FIFTEEN YEARS. THE APARTMENT SLEEPS 5 PEOPLE COMFORTABLY, SITUATED IN A SMALL COMPLEX CALLED GOLDEN DREAMS JUST FIVE MINUTES FROM THE BEACH. YOU CAN VIEW MORE DETAILS IF YOU FOLLOW THE LINK WWW.SUNNYBEACH4.WIXSITE.COM/GOLDEN DREAMS.
THE WINNER CAN BOOK DATES AT ANYTIME FOLLOWING THE DRAW TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THE TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS.
All you have to do:
For just £10 an entry (as many entries as you like) your name will be placed in a prize draw on 1st December 2020, a full list of all entries will be published prior to the draw. The winner will then be offered a 7 day holiday between mid-May and end of September 2021, with the option of a second week, at a discount price. You pay for your own flights and transfer from Bourgas Airport (transfer can be arranged by us if required).
You can enter by paying direct into the Club Lottery Account sort code 20-26-55 acc. 70167606 or other preferred means by private message to me. If paying by bacs add the word “draw” to your payment.
ALL FUNDING WILL GO TO THE CLUB RESERVE TO SUPPORT OUR TRACK MAINTENANCE COSTS. GOOD LUCK!
Calling ALL under 11’s please arrive earlier on Thursday (5.40/45) to get your new access key fob from Karen in the office – this new technology allows you to register you are there without going to the office – wow (Track & Trace still needs to be completed)
A quick update on results our athletes have achieved in recent months. Well done all.
If you compete (track, field, road, fell, trail, ultra, virtual) please submit your results here, thank you
Sheffield Indoor Festival – 26 January 2020
Ultra Kamiensk 10k – 01 August 2020
This was a 10km trail race 400m of elevation:
Chudy Wawrzyniec Ultra – 08 August 2020
Blackpool Run the Lights – 15 August 2020
Nicola Harding ran a 5km pb finishing with a time of 35:24.
Track and Field Results from 20 August 2020Continue reading
This information is assumed to be correct. Next years race is on 3 October 2021. Information is not currently available from London Marathon that I can see regarding club places.
To go into our club ballot for our club places you must have entered the public ballet, do this here now. 17:00 BST on Friday 9 October 2020
The draw for the club ballot is usually towards the end of the year (TBC) and it will not take place until London Marathon confirm our allocation which is hoped to be 3 places. The draw may well be in 2021.
To enter the ballot:
- The member needs a rejection slip from the ballot entry – letter or email.
- If you got a London place last year from DAC’s allocated places you should not be eligible to get one of the clubs allocated places for the next year (Sam Prowse, Martyn Walters + Others (names elude me atm)
- You must be a first claim member at the time of entering the public ballot and be fully paid up with a UKA license, and if you are successful at the draw you must have renewed your membership with Doncaster AC and your UKA license for the year of the marathon
- The member has to arrange payment for the place
- You must run in a Doncaster AC vest
- The member needs to have completed a half marathon, or race of greater distance during 2018 / 2020 / 2021 (date of draw unknown) before the club ballot is drawn. Given the issues of lack of races this year then a strava link to a training run, which is run without stopping will be acceptable, however, if races restart and athletes have ample time to race a half marathon before the ballot then this should be done.
Virtual Event this season – we are not timing or marshalling the route
The course is around the Town Fields as per normal and the standard distance is 3 laps (4.8 miles). Runners are invited to run the course anytime they like, starting in October through till March 2021. Runners will need to self time.
Each time you run the course please use this form to submit your time and a monthly report will be produced. Run it as many times as you like. You might want to run it on a club night, its up to you. You can start and finish at any point on the course, but the start and finish must be in the same place. You can run either clockwise or anticlockwise.
All welcome, it is not an official event just a training run so it is run at peoples own risk. We do have younger people taking part who may do 1, 2 or 3 laps. It is up to parents to decide if children should take part.
Please be aware of the need for Social Distancing and any other Covid requirements at the time of your run.
Last Years results are below:
The route is here:
Due to a national increase in Covid 19 infections our procedures at the Club on Saturdays, Tues and Thursday evenings have been revised to eliminate any further risk, these measures will take place with immediate effect:
1. Members of the public who are none members or not accompanying a member will not be allowed on site.
2. The main gate will be locked as soon as all members are on site.
3. The toilets will remain locked but opened when needed by members only, with only one person in the toilet area at a time.
4. On arrival at the site members must book in and then remain in the shot throwing area to be collected by their respective coaches.
5. All members will be required to complete a track and trace return, with no exceptions so that we can maintain an up to date register in the event of an outbreak.
6. All members must sanitise their hands on entry to the site, the sanitizer is on the table near the gate or you can used the one on the wall near the office door.
7. Wherever possible only coaches should remove items from the equipment room, which must be cleaned before and after use. Where this is not practical, such as carrying starting blocks the person carrying them must also clean them before and after use.
8. If any member is unwell please do not attend the site for training. In the event of a positive covid trace the member’s coach or a club official must be notified immediately.
Revised 11th September 2020