This information is assumed to be correct. Next years race is on 3 October 2021. Information is not currently available from London Marathon that I can see regarding club places.
To go into our club ballot for our club places you must have entered the public ballet, do this here now. 17:00 BST on Friday 9 October 2020
The draw for the club ballot is usually towards the end of the year (TBC) and it will not take place until London Marathon confirm our allocation which is hoped to be 3 places. The draw may well be in 2021.
To enter the ballot:
- The member needs a rejection slip from the ballot entry – letter or email.
- If you got a London place last year from DAC’s allocated places you should not be eligible to get one of the clubs allocated places for the next year (Sam Prowse, Martyn Walters + Others (names elude me atm)
- You must be a first claim member at the time of entering the public ballot and be fully paid up with a UKA license, and if you are successful at the draw you must have renewed your membership with Doncaster AC and your UKA license for the year of the marathon
- The member has to arrange payment for the place
- You must run in a Doncaster AC vest
- The member needs to have completed a half marathon, or race of greater distance during 2018 / 2020 / 2021 (date of draw unknown) before the club ballot is drawn. Given the issues of lack of races this year then a strava link to a training run, which is run without stopping will be acceptable, however, if races restart and athletes have ample time to race a half marathon before the ballot then this should be done.