A relay race between local running clubs which we have named after a popular Doncaster Athletics Club member who passed away just over 3 years ago having collapsed whilst doing Doncaster Park Run. This is not being held under UKA rules or licencing and results / times will not appear on Power of 10.
Mark Webster is organising this event, we will be looking for helpers on the day. Please email Markwebster71@gmail.com if you have any questions.
Date & Start Time
Saturday 9th November starting at 1pm
Race HQ is at the Town field Pavilion near the junction of Thorne Road and Town Moor Avenue, Doncaster
On street parking is available along Town Moor Avenue and other side roads but please have respect for the residents
We will have use of the Pavilion between 12 Noon and 4pm. The pavilion has toilets and rooms for leaving bags etc (at your own risk)
We need to leave the field and the pavilion as we find it so please take your rubbish home with you or place it in one of the bags provided.
The course as approximately 2 miles long and is all on grass within the park. There are tarmac paths throughout the park which you will cross 4 times. A marshal will be present at each of these locations to direct you and members of the public. We will not have exclusive use of the park so please be aware of other park users along the course.
- This is a relay race to be run over 6 legs of the same 2 mile route
- Each leg will be run by a pair (you can have more than 2 runners per leg)
- The pairs will be as detailed below and run in the order shown by all teams.
Leg 1 – Ladies under 36
Leg 2 – Men under 36
Leg 3 – Ladies 36 – 50
Leg 4 – Men 36 -50
Leg 5 – Ladies over 50
Leg 6 – Men over 50
- The legs will be run in the pre-agreed order as above
- Teams must have a minimum of 2 runners per leg
- Teams can have more than 2 runners per leg
- Next leg starts when BOTH of the runners from the previous leg have crossed the line
- Where a team has more than 2 runners in a leg, the next leg will start after the first 2 runners have crossed the line (they do not have to wait for the remaining runners to finish)
- The same principle applies in the 6th and final leg
- The winning team is the first team to get their 2nd runner over the line in the 6th and final leg
- Clubs may enter multiple teams
- If, on the day a team is short of runners then another team member will need to run a second leg to ensure that the minimum of 2 runners per leg rule is adhered to.
Winning team will receive the ‘Michael Wakefield Relay Shield’ which has been very kindly provided to us by FITWINS www.fitwins.co.uk
The 12 team members will each receive a bespoke winners medal
The 2nd & 3rd place teams will both receive a trophy and the 12 team members from each team receive a bespoke medal.
The medals are produced by ‘the honey pot laser workshop’ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheHoneyPotLaser