Our current Road Race Secretary, Gill Winmill, after four loyal years, is standing down at the end of this year, therefore in order for our three road races to take place in 2018, we need a new secretary in place by 1st September this year, when planning starts for the following year. This will also provide opportunity for the new secretary to work with Gill at this years races.
Our three races: Sandall Beat 10k trail race, Doncaster Town Centre 5K and Cusworth 10K are all well established races, attracting high quality runners from throughout the region as well as runners from across the ability range. Sandall Beat 10k is scored manually and the other two races using chip-timing. As well as presenting Doncaster AC as a prestigious Club the races also provide valuable funds to support our day to day costs at the Club.
- To collate all entries to the three races from on-line entries, postal and personally given entry forms, onto an established spread-sheet, allocating a number to each runner.
- Postal entries are sent to the Race Secretaries home address.
- In the case of the Sandall Beat Race, to list race winners, under various categories, from the time keepers records, on the night, ready for the prize giving. This does not apply on the other two races as automatic chip timing is used to identify category winners..
- To give out race numbers on the night, although most are posted out before the race date.
- To collate entries on the day onto established spread-sheet.
- To be available to attend Race Headquarters on all race dates.
- To possess some basic computer skills.
- To work closely with the Race Director on any queries.
Our races cannot go ahead next year without a Road race Secretary in place and once cancelled it is unlikely the races will ever re-appear. This role can be undertaken by more than one person, if you are interested please contact Kev Lincoln at the Club or mobile 07739312835.
JUST TO REPEAT IF THIS POST IS NOT FILLED BY 1ST SEPTEMBER THIS YEAR 2017 WILL BE THE FINAL YEAR THESE RACES WILL TAKE PLACE.