Virtual Event this season – we are not timing or marshalling the route
The course is around the Town Fields as per normal and the standard distance is 3 laps (4.8 miles). Runners are invited to run the course anytime they like, starting in October through till March 2021. Runners will need to self time.
Each time you run the course please use this form to submit your time and a monthly report will be produced. Run it as many times as you like. You might want to run it on a club night, its up to you. You can start and finish at any point on the course, but the start and finish must be in the same place. You can run either clockwise or anticlockwise.
All welcome, it is not an official event just a training run so it is run at peoples own risk. We do have younger people taking part who may do 1, 2 or 3 laps. It is up to parents to decide if children should take part.
Please be aware of the need for Social Distancing and any other Covid requirements at the time of your run.
Due to a national increase in Covid 19 infections our procedures at the Club on Saturdays, Tues and Thursday evenings have been revised to eliminate any further risk, these measures will take place with immediate effect:
1. Members of the public who are none members or not accompanying a member will not be allowed on site.
2. The main gate will be locked as soon as all members are on site.
3. The toilets will remain locked but opened when needed by members only, with only one person in the toilet area at a time.
4. On arrival at the site members must book in and then remain in the shot throwing area to be collected by their respective coaches.
5. All members will be required to complete a track and trace return, with no exceptions so that we can maintain an up to date register in the event of an outbreak.
6. All members must sanitise their hands on entry to the site, the sanitizer is on the table near the gate or you can used the one on the wall near the office door.
7. Wherever possible only coaches should remove items from the equipment room, which must be cleaned before and after use. Where this is not practical, such as carrying starting blocks the person carrying them must also clean them before and after use.
8. If any member is unwell please do not attend the site for training. In the event of a positive covid trace the member’s coach or a club official must be notified immediately.
Please find below dates of Rovers Tuesday Home Games, which impact upon our training nights. Parking is restricted on these dates we have been allocated 60 parking places in car park 3. Club reception and tuck shop will still be open on these nights, although occasionally a full closure of our site will be in action depending on the fixture.
Check with your coach to see if your training session is on.
Dates to be amended / added to / removed as we find out.
I am delighted to be able to confirm that we have set up a Level 1 Starters course for Monday 7th September 2020 6-8pm.
If an attendee hasn’t previously completed a Health and Safety course they will need to book on to this first. As soon as they have booked on to the Health and Safety course they can then book straight on to the Starters course. I would recommend they do that so they don’t miss out. The Health and Safety course is free and they can do it in their own time But will need to do it before they can be licenced and ideally before the course on 7th September. They will need to sign in to Athletics Hub to do this which will be their URN and password. If they are currently not a registered athlete or have any other role such as Coach / Leader and therefore don’t have a URN there is an option to register.
funetics is a new programme developed by England Athletics. It includes fun athletics sessions to help children and young people to learn, develop and practice running, jumping and throwing all year round.