Use of Photographic & Video Images
of Children/Young People Under the Age of 18
Revised April 2013
Doncaster Athletic Club is committed to providing a safe environment for children/young people, under the age of 18, to participate in athletics. Essential to this commitment, is to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to protect children/young people from the inappropriate use of photographic images.
Doncaster Athletic Club have adopted the following good practice guidelines, issued by UK Athletics;
Please note the revised sections are in italics.
- By taking part in Doncaster Athletic Club’s events or by joining as a member you consent to your photograph being used in publicity, marketing or other documents to represent the club, it’s athletes and events.
- Using a consent form, we will ask for permission of young athletes and their carers to take and use their image for other purposes.
- If an athlete is named, we will avoid using their photograph.
- If a photograph is used, we avoid naming the athlete.
- We will NEVER publish personal details (e-mail Addresses telephone numbers, addresses etc.) of a child/ young person.
- We will only authorise the use of images of athletes in suitable dress (tracksuits, running kit, i.e. t-shirt/shorts/skirt/ off track clothing)
Use of photographic filming equipment at Athletic Events.
Doncaster Athletic Club will:
- Inform athletes and parents that a photographer will be in attendance at an event and ensure they consent to both the taking and publication of films or photographs.
- Require parents, spectators and authorised photographers (e.g. press) to register at an event, if they wish to use any photographic equipment, including mobile phones with photographic technology.
- Issue an identification pass which must be worn and clearly visible at all times during the event.
- Not allow unsupervised access to athletes, or one to one photo sessions, at events.
- Not allow photo sessions outside events, or at an athletes home.
- Act on concerns of any athlete and/or parent, regarding the inappropriate use of photographic equipment.
- Inform children/young people and their parents /carers if video equipment is to be used as a coaching aid.
- Ensure that any photographic images taken, and used, will be stored safely.