These simple rules are designed to enable all members to train on the track in safety, with due consideration to other users:
- When walking on to the track always look both ways and remember the fastest lanes are on the inside – lanes 1 to 3.
- The innermost lanes should not be used for warm up, cool down or standing.
- Runners going in a reverse direction(clockwise) around the track should always yield to all others and never run in lanes 1,2 or 3.
- Faster runners should be permitted to pass on the left or to the inside.
- Faster runners approaching slower runners signal their approach by calling out “Track” loudly – this signal is also used to warn people who are standing on the track and need to move.
- Be aware of other runners proximity and respect their running space.
- Do not stop in the middle of the track for any reason – move to an outer lane after checking over your shoulder for oncoming runners