Looking for a friendly road running club in the heart of Doncaster? We have groups of all standards from 5 minute miles to 14 minute miles (43 minute parkrun) and we have first class facilities for the exclusive use of our members. Come and try our road running groups for free with membership from just £30 per year!
Road Runners Training Sessions
6:30pm – High Intensity Interval Training, groups on the track and groups around lakeside (flat or hills).
6pm – Beginners running groups (certain times of the year).
6:30pm – Steady social run for up to one hour led by our run leaders.
6pm – Beginners running groups (certain times of the year)
6:30pm – Various groups head out on the roads, usually in 4 or 5 groups for around on ehour led by our run leaders.
- Saturdays – You will always find lots of Doncaster AC runners this event
9am – Doncaster Parkrun at Sandall Park – if you want pacing just ask and we will work with you to get the time you want!
We all know that exercise is good for us and running is the perfect way to take advantage of the many health and well being benefits at times to suit you. You will meet lots of new friends and feel great.
For those of you who are already runners and not in a running club, you will be amazed how much improvement you will make when running with others and you will find many new opportunities to compete with your club mates as much or as little as you want.
Perhaps you are a member of a fitness group / club and you feel you need extra support to achieve your full potential, Doncaster Athletic Club has many qualified coaches that will help you structure your training.
Doncaster Athletic Club is the most successful Athletics Club in Doncaster, we have well over 600 members across the club from 8 to 75 years, and our members take part in, Road Running, Cross Country, Track and Field and Fell Running. We organise three popular races in Doncaster.
We welcome all abilities from those new to running to experienced international athletes.
We would love you join our Club and we offer a number of benefits to our members:
- Great facilities including our six lane running track with covered seating, tuck shop, changing and showing facilities, free car parking in the centre of Doncaster, Run England approved run routes right from our entrance and discounts at local running shops
- Regular Time Trial events (currently monthly)
- Discounted physio
- Discounts at various running shops
- Reduced entry fees into most UKA races (that’s most road races)
- Entry to the South Yorkshire Road League (4 races for £10)
- Entry to the South Yorkshire Cross Country League (4 races for £8)
- Free entry to the South Yorkshire Road Relay’s
- Free entry to the National Cross Country Relay’s
- Free entry in to the British Masters Road Relay’s
- Free entry in to the Regional Road Relay’s
- Structured training on Tuesday and Thursday Evenings
- We are Clubmark accredited (and have been for several years) which means we have developed our club to be a safe, rewarding and fulfilling place ensuring the welfare of our members and encourages everyone to enjoy sport.
Everyone who is interested in our club is welcome to join our facebook group / page so you can see what is going on and ask questions – we have 400+ people in our facebook group.
For complete beginners we offer 9 week course to get you from couch to 5k. This course usually runs twice a year, the next course is planned for January 2019.
The course will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at Doncaster Athletic Club at 6pm, which is located at the Keepmoat Stadium, Lakeside, Doncaster. The course is very gentle and by the end of it, in only 9 weeks you will be able to run for 5km or 30 minutes. We hope that some mums and dads who have junior members training at this time will join us.
Run routes from the Keepmoat
Winter Routes – High Viz running kit please. Take care on all road crossing points. Work with your LiRF’s. Support each other!
Out and Back – run for a designated period of time, turn around and head back.
|OB1||Lakeside > Dome > Bawtry Road > Cantley Lane > Warning Tongue Lane and back||Warm up to Bawtry road then effort for say 15 or 20 minutes each way|
|OB2||Lakeside > Bawtry Road towards Rossington and back||Warm up to Bawtry road then effort for say 15 or 20 minutes each way|
|OB3||Keepmoat > Hyde Park > North Bridge > Highfields and back||Warm up to Hyde Park then legit to Highfields and legit back|
|OB4||Lakeside > Dome > Leger Way and back||Past the racecourse|